Wool & Wicker is owned and managed by Diane DeBray, a knitter and crocheter of 57 years of experience. Diane is the originator of the West Coast Knitter’s Guild, and has 32 years experience in the retail yarn business. Featured items at Wool & Wicker include the following:
- all Addi products in every size and type
- great variety of yarns in every weight for knitting and crochet, including all existing Hikoo, Schoppel, Schulana, Zitron brands from skacelknitting.com
- Debbie Bliss Roma and Roma Weave, Cashmerino Aran and Baby Cashmerino
- 17 colours of Rowan Felted tweed (chosen from Kaffe Fassett’s amazing “Holly” design from Rowan book 50) coming to add to our existing collection
- Berroco yarns coming are the new Nebula in 4 colours, new stock of Folio in 8 colours, and excited for the return of “Suede” (remember the Bethany booties?), and new Sirdar yarns Wild and Flurry
- We will have 3 colours of the new Malabrigo Caracol to show you, and we have Rios in black and offwhite and anniversario and Arroyo in Chispas.
- We have a new Extreme bulky Rosario’s Wool LX in 7 colours for arm knitting or knitting on 25mm needles. We have an adult and 2 wee ones hats made to show you.
- Canadian hand dyed Colour Adventures (Elena Nodel, Anadiomena on Ravelry) sweet aran, sweet merino dk, lace, sock and merino light
- patterns and books for anything you want to knit or crochet, including internet access to Ravelry
- Bolga baskets (made in Ghana) and Lantern Moon baskets (made in Vietnam)
- Many samples to try on before you buy yarn to make them
If you are in need of a lunch stop while in Steveston, there are great Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Malaysian, Mexican, Seafood, Vietnamese, and Jamaican restaurants, brew houses and coffee shops of every taste – 50 of them! – all within 3 blocks easy walking distance. We even have a local spot featuring what is being called the best Pizza on the planet!
Yarn Crawl Hours: Friday: 10am – 5:30pm; Saturday: 10 – 5:30pm; Sunday: Noon – 5pm
Special in Store Events: We are presenting our summer sale early, Draw for your discount, anywhere from 10 to 50% off all regular priced items. Coffee, tea and cookies will be available all day. We will also have kits put together for quick shopping. All books and magazines will be 25% off, and we will have many samples priced to sell.
Owner: Diane DeBray
Store Address: 120 – 12051 Second Avenue, Richmond, BC (this area of Richmond is also known as Steveston)
Store Phone: 604-275-1239 / 1-877-966-5945 (toll free long distance)
Parking: If there is no parking on Second Avenue, customers can park in the parking lot behind the store. You can access this via an alley that is entered from Steveston Coffee on the North end, or from behind Ichiro’s Restaurant the South end. There is a back door to the store just to the left of lumber pile.